What We Teach
We believe that students first need to be aware of the ‘rules’ in order to be able to depart from them. Therefore our emphasis is as much on art theory and skill building as it is on creative and original thinking.
Our exciting courses cover various aspects of drawing, painting, sculpture, pottery, graphic design, architecture and photography. Through audio-visual presentation capsules and visiting guest artists, we expose our students to leading artists and designers from around the world. We also have a fantastic collection of books in our library that is accessible to all our students. Our teachers are well respected design professionals and artists who have exhibited locally and abroad. They are graduates from prestigious institutes like Parsons School of Design (New York), NID (Ahmedabad), Government School of Arts, Stella Maris Fine Arts (Chennai), CEPT (Ahmedabad) and many others.
We aim for our students to:
- Practice art fundamentals so they have the skills to express their unique ideas
- Make grade relevant content connections between art and subjects they learn in school
- Explore genres of art, works of artists, and current local and international events in art and design
- Have fun doing group and individual art work
- Learn to articulate thoughts on art and design through appreciation and critique
- Give back to society by creating artworks for public spaces and sale in support of charities